1 lb. Lean Ground Beef or Turkey 1 c. Chopped Sweet Red Pepper 1/2 c. Chili Sauce 1 tsp. Taco Seasoning 1/4 tsp. each Salt & Pepper 1/2 c. Sour Cream 3 tsp. Chipotle Sauce 6 Tostada Shells 3 c. Shredded Lettuce 1-1/2 c. Guacamole 1-1/2 c. Shredded Mexican Cheese
1. In a large skillet, cook Beef (Turkey) & Red Pepper over med. heat until no meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in Chili Sauce, Taco Seasoning, Salt & Pepper to meat; heat through. 2. In a small bowl, combine Sour Cream & Chipotle Sauce. Layer each Totsada with Lettcue, Meat mixture, Guacamole, Cheese & the Chipotle Cream from your small bowl.
EASY FRIED RICE
TOTAL PREP. TIME: SERVINGS: 4-6
2 Eggs, beaten
1/2 Block tofu, cubed 1 -2 c. White or Brown Rice, [here's the time saving hint] cook ahead of time or can be from left-overs 2 handfuls Bok Choy, stem & leaves sliced thinly 1/2 c. Frozen Corn & Peas 4 -5 Spring Onions, sliced into thin rounds 2 - 3 tbsp. Soy Sauce 1 - 2 tbsp. Rice Wine Vinegar OPTIONAL ITEMS: 1/2-inch freshly grated Ginger, 2 - 3 cloves minced Garlic, 1 tsp. Hot Sauce, splash of sesame oil
1. Place skillet over medium heat & add tsp. Oil or Butter. Scramble Eggs, when barely cooked, scrap into clean dish & set aside. 2. Put to med-heat & add another tsp. of oil to pan. Sear Tofu on all sides, stir occasionally, & cook until it is golden-brown on all sides. Remove & set in another clean dish. 3. Add another tsp. of Oil to pan & stir in Cooked Rice, making sure all grains are coated with a little oil. Spread Rice into thin layer across bottom of pan. Cook for a few min., then gather together & spread out thing again. Continue until Rice is toasted and beginning to brown. 4. Add 2 tbsp. Soy Sauce & 1 tbsp. Rice Wine Vinegar (Ginger & Garlic, if opted), stir. Add Bok Choy & cook until green parts of leaves are wilted. Add Peas & Carrots until warmed through. Stir in the Eggs, Tofu, & Spring Onions 5. Taste & add more Soy Sauce & Rice Wine Vinegar if needed. Hot Sauce & Sesame Oil can be added, if opted, to each individual bowl.
BBQ BACON PULLED CHICKEN SANDWICHES
TOTAL PREP. TIME: 10 min. SERVINGS: 4 - 6
1. Purchase your favorite brand of already made pulled BBQ Pork or Chicken 2. 10 -12 strips of cooked Bacon 3. Favorite brand of Hamburger Buns, split & toasted 4. Lettuce Leaves (whatever kind you like) 5. Hot Sauce
1. Cook as instructed on package 2. Cook Bacon Strips 3. Toast Buns carefully in oven (2-5 min) 4. Combine all ingredients on a Bun adding Bacon & Lettuce to taste. 5. Don't forget the Hot Sauce if you like it spicy.
TURKEY PROVOLONE WRAP WITH AVOCADO MAYO
TOTAL PREP TIME: 10 min. SERVINGS: fit to your family
1. 1 package of large, Sun-Dried Tomato Tortilla Shells 2. 1/2 - 1 pound of Turkey Meat for deli 3. Package of Provolone Cheese 4. 2-4 Tomatoes, sliced 5. Head of Ice Burg Lettuce 6. FOR AVOCADO MAYO: 2 Avocado, 10 - 12 tbsp. of Mayo (your preference). or whatever condiment preferred.
1. In small bowl, mash avocado with fork. Add mayo. until desired consistency. Set aside.
2. Assemble wrap: layer tortilla with Mayo Mix, Turkey, Cheese, Tomato, & Lettuce.